Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Mon October 7, 2013
How are Michigan franchises fairing?
We turn now to an area of business that held strong in Michigan even in the darkest hours of the Great Recession.
Franchises. They create jobs faster than any other business sector. Even when the Great Recession slammed us in 2008, franchises kept on hiring. The pace may have slowed down a little, but the franchise hiring rate still topped the national rate of employment.
DBusiness is out with its 2013 "Michigan Franchise Report" and we wanted to find out their verdict on the franchise scene in Michigan.
DBusiness editor R.J. King joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government