Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Mon October 7, 2013
How are Michigan franchises fairing?
We turn now to an area of business that held strong in Michigan even in the darkest hours of the Great Recession.
Franchises. They create jobs faster than any other business sector. Even when the Great Recession slammed us in 2008, franchises kept on hiring. The pace may have slowed down a little, but the franchise hiring rate still topped the national rate of employment.
DBusiness is out with its 2013 "Michigan Franchise Report" and we wanted to find out their verdict on the franchise scene in Michigan.
DBusiness editor R.J. King joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government