OpinionMore 'dark money' will influence politics in Michigan if Snyder doesn't veto
The Environment ReportGo lake trout! Native fish overcome seemingly ‘insurmountable’ challenges in Lake Huron
Politics & GovernmentIn his farewell speech Bing says, 'I will remain involved in Detroit's transformation'
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Tue June 11, 2013
How long do you wash your hands? Be honest.
This morning, Rebecca Williams reported on the MSU research that found we are still falling down on the job when it comes to washing our hands.
I say "still" because these kinds of studies have been done in the past.
...when it comes to people not washing their hands at all, there’s a bigger gender gap. “We have 15% of the men who leave the restroom without washing their hands, and in terms of women it’s only 7%.” Nice work guys.
On top of that, 35% of men just wet their hands with water and didn’t use any soap. 15% of women did that.
Keeping in mind that self-reporting is not all that reliable (that's why the MSU researchers were hanging out in public bathrooms), we're curious about how long you think you wash your hands.
Singing the Happy Birthday song twice will lead you to the recommenced 15 to 20 seconds. Or if that song isn't your cup of tea, OneRepublic offers this alternative:
The Environment Report