Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Wed October 30, 2013
How much does it cost to educate a student in Michigan public schools?
Last month, the Michigan House Democrats School Reform Task Force unveiled a new proposal that would require the State Department of Education to determine the actual cost of educating a public school student in Michigan.
That got us wondering: do we really not know how much it costs to educate a student in our state? And if so, why not?
Michael Addonizio is a professor of education at Wayne State University, and he joined us in the studio.
Listen to the full interview above.