Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Tue September 17, 2013
How to provide for those in need when budgets are being cut
It's the crunch that service groups all over Michigan are facing: funding is shrinking, even as demand for services is rising.
We wanted to see how these budget cuts are hitting service groups. What has the cost been in terms of the help they're able to offer to their community? And what strategies have they come up with to help close that gap?
Barbara Niess-May joined us today. She's the executive director of the SafeHouse Center in Ann Arbor. It's the only place in Washtenaw County that focuses on helping survivors of domestic violence.
Listen to the full interview above.