Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Tue September 17, 2013
How to provide for those in need when budgets are being cut
It's the crunch that service groups all over Michigan are facing: funding is shrinking, even as demand for services is rising.
We wanted to see how these budget cuts are hitting service groups. What has the cost been in terms of the help they're able to offer to their community? And what strategies have they come up with to help close that gap?
Barbara Niess-May joined us today. She's the executive director of the SafeHouse Center in Ann Arbor. It's the only place in Washtenaw County that focuses on helping survivors of domestic violence.
Listen to the full interview above.