Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Thu December 20, 2012
How social media closed down more than 100 Michigan schools
You might have heard how Genesee and Lapeer counties closed down all their schools today and tomorrow due to rumors spreading across Facebook, Twitter, and texts.
But how could a rumor close so many schools?
Below is a Storify narrative of how one text message prompted a social media wildfire in southeast Michigan.
You can click on any of the linked text or images to follow the story further.
Elaine Ezekiel Michigan Radio Newsroom