Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Thu December 20, 2012
How social media closed down more than 100 Michigan schools
You might have heard how Genesee and Lapeer counties closed down all their schools today and tomorrow due to rumors spreading across Facebook, Twitter, and texts.
But how could a rumor close so many schools?
Below is a Storify narrative of how one text message prompted a social media wildfire in southeast Michigan.
You can click on any of the linked text or images to follow the story further.
Elaine Ezekiel Michigan Radio Newsroom