Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Thu December 20, 2012
How social media closed down more than 100 Michigan schools
You might have heard how Genesee and Lapeer counties closed down all their schools today and tomorrow due to rumors spreading across Facebook, Twitter, and texts.
But how could a rumor close so many schools?
Below is a Storify narrative of how one text message prompted a social media wildfire in southeast Michigan.
You can click on any of the linked text or images to follow the story further.
Elaine Ezekiel Michigan Radio Newsroom