Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Mon September 30, 2013
How will the partial government shut down affect Michigan?
We are just hours away from what appears likely to be a partial government shutdown.
The U.S. Senate, controlled by Democrats, and the Republican-led U.S. House of Representatives, have been unable to come to an agreement on a continuing resolution to fund the federal government. If no agreement is reached today, which appears likely, the government begins shutting down at midnight.
David Shepardson, Washington D.C. based reporter for the Detroit News, joined us today from Washington.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government