Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Mon September 30, 2013
How will the partial government shut down affect Michigan?
We are just hours away from what appears likely to be a partial government shutdown.
The U.S. Senate, controlled by Democrats, and the Republican-led U.S. House of Representatives, have been unable to come to an agreement on a continuing resolution to fund the federal government. If no agreement is reached today, which appears likely, the government begins shutting down at midnight.
David Shepardson, Washington D.C. based reporter for the Detroit News, joined us today from Washington.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government