Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon September 30, 2013
How will the partial government shut down affect Michigan?
We are just hours away from what appears likely to be a partial government shutdown.
The U.S. Senate, controlled by Democrats, and the Republican-led U.S. House of Representatives, have been unable to come to an agreement on a continuing resolution to fund the federal government. If no agreement is reached today, which appears likely, the government begins shutting down at midnight.
David Shepardson, Washington D.C. based reporter for the Detroit News, joined us today from Washington.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government