Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Thu March 3, 2011
Howell auto parts plant fire
Investigators are picking through what’s left after a fire heavily damaged an auto parts plant in Howell on Wednesday. Dozens of firefighters from six different Livingston County communities joined forces to battle the blaze at the Magna Atreum auto parts plant.
About 450 people work at the plant which produces dashboards, consoles and other parts for General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, Nissan and Mazda. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
The full extent of the damage and how long it will take get to the facility back up and running is also still being reviewed. No one was injured in Wednesday’s fire.