Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Thu March 3, 2011
Howell auto parts plant fire
Investigators are picking through what’s left after a fire heavily damaged an auto parts plant in Howell on Wednesday. Dozens of firefighters from six different Livingston County communities joined forces to battle the blaze at the Magna Atreum auto parts plant.
About 450 people work at the plant which produces dashboards, consoles and other parts for General Motors, Ford, Chrysler, Nissan and Mazda. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
The full extent of the damage and how long it will take get to the facility back up and running is also still being reviewed. No one was injured in Wednesday’s fire.