Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Wed December 26, 2012
Improving the winter driving skills of Michigan teens
A website is launching just in time to help parents monitor and improve winter driving skills for teen drivers.
The University of Michigan’s Transportation Research Institute created the site called - "safer driving for teens dot org".
“This promotes parents and teens communication with each other and clarity and what it is that’s expected. And some consequences…what will happen if the restrictions are not met,” says Jean Shope. She’s with the Institute.
She says the site also offers parents a variety of example videos, identifies key checkpoints, and shows how to set up their program.
Environment & Science