Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Wed December 26, 2012
Improving the winter driving skills of Michigan teens
A website is launching just in time to help parents monitor and improve winter driving skills for teen drivers.
The University of Michigan’s Transportation Research Institute created the site called - "safer driving for teens dot org".
“This promotes parents and teens communication with each other and clarity and what it is that’s expected. And some consequences…what will happen if the restrictions are not met,” says Jean Shope. She’s with the Institute.
She says the site also offers parents a variety of example videos, identifies key checkpoints, and shows how to set up their program.
Environment & Science