Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Tue August 7, 2012
Incumbent Dingell wins 12th District in the U.S. House of Representatives Dem Primary
In the 12th District U.S. House of Representatives democratic primary, incumbent John Dingell is ahead of opponent Daniel Marcin by 58 points with most of the votes counted.
Dingell is the longest-serving member of the United States House of Representatives in history. If he is reelected this November, it will be his 30th term.
On the Republican side, the race is much closer. Cynthia Kallgren and Karen Jacobsen are neck-and-neck, with 65 percent of the votes tallied.
-Elaine Ezekiel, Michigan Radio Newsroom