Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Tue August 7, 2012
Incumbent Dingell wins 12th District in the U.S. House of Representatives Dem Primary
In the 12th District U.S. House of Representatives democratic primary, incumbent John Dingell is ahead of opponent Daniel Marcin by 58 points with most of the votes counted.
Dingell is the longest-serving member of the United States House of Representatives in history. If he is reelected this November, it will be his 30th term.
On the Republican side, the race is much closer. Cynthia Kallgren and Karen Jacobsen are neck-and-neck, with 65 percent of the votes tallied.
-Elaine Ezekiel, Michigan Radio Newsroom