Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Tue August 7, 2012
Incumbent Walberg wins 7th District U.S. House GOP Primary
Tim Walberg, the current U.S. Representative for Michigan's 7th congressional district, won the Republican nomination for reelection.
With a little more than half of the votes counted, Walberg led candidate Dan Davis by 52 points.
Walberg also served as Congressman for the district from 2007 to 2009.
Update 11:45 p.m.
With 81 percent of precincts reporting, Newport resident Kurt Haskell has defeated Jackson County Democratic Party Chairman Ruben Marquez to win the Democratic nomination, finishing 66-34.
He will face Rep. Walberg for the Michigan 7th District congressional seat up for grabs in November.
Check back in with Michigan Radio for more election updates.
-Elaine Ezekiel, Michigan Radio Newsroom