Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Mon March 7, 2011
Ingham Regional Medical Center starts layoffs this week
Ingham Regional Medical Center in Lansing will start laying off about 7 percent of it’s workforce this week.
Interim hospital CEO Patrick Salow says a 10 percent decline in patient numbers over the past year is forcing the staffing cuts. He says the layoffs will affect the hospital’s nursing staff, but the layoffs will also affect other divisions like the finance department.
“If we’ve got fewer patients, so there’s fewer bills to send out, do we need as many people to process bills for example."
The total layoff will be between 100 and 150 hospital employees.
Nurses vote yes on contract