Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Tue May 10, 2011
Instead of axing it, plan calls for reducing the tax credit for the working poor
Governor Rick Snyder's administration has agreed to restore a reduced version of the state income tax credit for working poor families.
The reduced tax break will allow families that qualify to claim 6% of the federal earned income credit on their state taxes.
In the past families could claim 20%.
Snyder's original proposal called for elimination of the credit.