Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Families & Community
Fri May 23, 2014
This interactive map shows why people stay in Michigan
For the last two weeks, people in Michigan have shared their reasons for staying in the state.
We asked people to publish images that capture why they stay after a Gallup poll showed that 37% of us would rather live somewhere else.
This was a project with 10 other public radio stations spread across the country. We all asked our audience members to use the hashtag #whyIstay when sharing a picture.
Thousands of people shared their reasons for living where they do.
And this map shows a few of our favorites from Michigan (you can also view it by clicking here):