Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Tue June 10, 2014
An international trail around the Great Lakes is in the making
Imagine an international trail around the Great Lakes. Biking. Hiking. Paddling.
7,000 miles, stretching through eight states and the provinces of Ontario and Quebec.
That goal was the focus of the recent Great Lakes Coastal Trail Conference.
Dave Lemberg is an associate professor of geography at Western Michigan University and he's with the Lake Michigan Water Trail Association.
Lemberg said the trail is not just for hiking, it also includes sea kayaking, biking, and motoring. The trail will add to the Great Lakes Circle tours, which goes around all the lakes.
The goal is to connect the shoreline cities, resort beach towns, state parks and other areas around the Great Lakes.
*Listen to full interview above.