Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Veteran treasure hunter solves the last 'Wyoming Riddle'
Mon March 5, 2012
Iranian Supreme Court orders retrial for Flint man sentenced to death
An Iranian semiofficial news agency reports that the country's Supreme Court has ordered the retrial of a Marine veteran who was sentenced to death for working for the CIA.
Amir Hekmati's family lives in Flint.
The Monday report by ISNA quotes state prosecutor Gholamhossein Mohseni Ejehei as saying the Supreme Court has found shortcomings in the case and sent it for review by another court.
In January an Iranian court sentenced Arizona-born Amir Hekmati to death for allegedly being a CIA spy.
It was the first time an American citizen has been sentenced to death in Iran since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.