Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Mon December 16, 2013
Is it better to buy or rent a house in Michigan?
If you're a baby boomer, chances are you grew up with your parents pounding one basic truth of life into your head, and that truth was that you are always better off owning your own home rather than renting.
Well, the Great Recession and its housing meltdown certainly gave us some new thoughts on renting versus buying.
An Oakland County developer remarked that of late, he's seen more baby boomers deciding to skip home ownership and go with renting.
We wondered how things are looking in Michigan, the housing market and renting versus buying.
Daren Blomquist, Vice President of RealtyTrac, joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.