Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon December 16, 2013
Is it better to buy or rent a house in Michigan?
If you're a baby boomer, chances are you grew up with your parents pounding one basic truth of life into your head, and that truth was that you are always better off owning your own home rather than renting.
Well, the Great Recession and its housing meltdown certainly gave us some new thoughts on renting versus buying.
An Oakland County developer remarked that of late, he's seen more baby boomers deciding to skip home ownership and go with renting.
We wondered how things are looking in Michigan, the housing market and renting versus buying.
Daren Blomquist, Vice President of RealtyTrac, joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.