Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Mon December 16, 2013
Is it better to buy or rent a house in Michigan?
If you're a baby boomer, chances are you grew up with your parents pounding one basic truth of life into your head, and that truth was that you are always better off owning your own home rather than renting.
Well, the Great Recession and its housing meltdown certainly gave us some new thoughts on renting versus buying.
An Oakland County developer remarked that of late, he's seen more baby boomers deciding to skip home ownership and go with renting.
We wondered how things are looking in Michigan, the housing market and renting versus buying.
Daren Blomquist, Vice President of RealtyTrac, joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.