Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Thu June 6, 2013
John Dingell becomes the longest-serving member of Congress
A piece of history is being written in the United States Congress.
Tomorrow is the day that John Dingell becomes the longest-serving member of Congress ever, surpassing the late Robert Byrd of West Virginia.
He began representing the people of southeast Michigan on December 13, 1955. And 57-and-a-half years later, he is still there.
He joined us today to talk about his experiences.
Listen to the full interview above.