Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Thu June 6, 2013
John Dingell becomes the longest-serving member of Congress
A piece of history is being written in the United States Congress.
Tomorrow is the day that John Dingell becomes the longest-serving member of Congress ever, surpassing the late Robert Byrd of West Virginia.
He began representing the people of southeast Michigan on December 13, 1955. And 57-and-a-half years later, he is still there.
He joined us today to talk about his experiences.
Listen to the full interview above.