Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Thu October 13, 2011
Judge issues temporary injunction stopping Rep. Paul Scott recall
A judge in Ingham County has issued a temporary injunction which stops a recall effort against State Representative Paul Scott.
Republican Paul Scott was targeted for recall by the Michigan Education Association. Scott is a supporter of cutting K-12 education funding and legislation which targets teachers unions.
A petition drive collected enough signatures to place the recall on the November ballot. But Scott’s attorneys convinced the judge that petition organizers may have started collecting signatures too soon. Last week, the Michigan Court of Appeals ordered the judge to reconsider a previous decision not to halt the November recall vote.