Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Mon July 29, 2013
July auto sales are expected to be very good
Analysts are expecting a robust month for auto sales.
Jesse Toprak is an analyst with TrueCar.com. He says July sales were good across all categories.
“But two extreme segments stand out, we see very high demand for small cars and small SUVS, and a very healthy demand for large pickup trucks,” says Toprak.
Toprak says the increase in pickup sales is being driven by small business owners, and an uptick in home renovations.
He says small cars are selling well because they are more appealing in design than in years past, and have more of the technology that younger buyers value.