Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Michigan’s arsenic problem is among the worst in the nation. Here’s why that matters.
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
Mon January 3, 2011
Just how much money will Governor Snyder make?
There aren't too many jobs out there where you go to work on your first day unsure of how much money you'll make. But, apparently, that's the case with one pretty important job in the state: Governor of Michigan.
As the AP reports, Snyder, who is independently wealthy and self-funded much of his gubernatorial campaign, said today that he'll take:
less than the official rate of $159,300 set in 2009 after the State Officers Compensation Committee cut the salary of top elected officials and legislators by 10 percent... He says he's still weighing how much he'll be paid and will announce the amount "at an appropriate time." Former Gov. Jennifer Granholm voluntarily cut her $177,000 annual salary by 5 percent before the rate was reduced in 2009.
Snyder became Michigan's 48th Governor after taking the oath of office a little after 12 p.m. on Saturday.