Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Mon January 3, 2011
Just how much money will Governor Snyder make?
There aren't too many jobs out there where you go to work on your first day unsure of how much money you'll make. But, apparently, that's the case with one pretty important job in the state: Governor of Michigan.
As the AP reports, Snyder, who is independently wealthy and self-funded much of his gubernatorial campaign, said today that he'll take:
less than the official rate of $159,300 set in 2009 after the State Officers Compensation Committee cut the salary of top elected officials and legislators by 10 percent... He says he's still weighing how much he'll be paid and will announce the amount "at an appropriate time." Former Gov. Jennifer Granholm voluntarily cut her $177,000 annual salary by 5 percent before the rate was reduced in 2009.
Snyder became Michigan's 48th Governor after taking the oath of office a little after 12 p.m. on Saturday.