Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Politics & Government
Mon January 7, 2013
Kalamazoo City Commission votes on budget plan tonight
The Kalamazoo City Commission is scheduled to vote this evening on the city budget.
The 144 million dollar budget plan includes fee increases, most notably a one percent administrative fee on city tax collections.
The city has also been trimming its workforce through early retirements and eliminating other positions.
The changes are intended to help off-set a drop in city property tax revenues.
City commissioners gave tentative approval to the budget plan last month.