Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Politics & Government
Mon January 7, 2013
Kalamazoo City Commission votes on budget plan tonight
The Kalamazoo City Commission is scheduled to vote this evening on the city budget.
The 144 million dollar budget plan includes fee increases, most notably a one percent administrative fee on city tax collections.
The city has also been trimming its workforce through early retirements and eliminating other positions.
The changes are intended to help off-set a drop in city property tax revenues.
City commissioners gave tentative approval to the budget plan last month.