Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
Politics & Government
Mon January 7, 2013
Kalamazoo City Commission votes on budget plan tonight
The Kalamazoo City Commission is scheduled to vote this evening on the city budget.
The 144 million dollar budget plan includes fee increases, most notably a one percent administrative fee on city tax collections.
The city has also been trimming its workforce through early retirements and eliminating other positions.
The changes are intended to help off-set a drop in city property tax revenues.
City commissioners gave tentative approval to the budget plan last month.