Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Mon May 6, 2013
Kalamazoo Promise executive director stepping down
One of the founders of the Kalamazoo Promise is stepping down after five years with the education scholarship program.
Janice Brown has served as the Kalamazoo Promise’s executive director since 2008. Before that, she was the superintendent of Kalamazoo Public Schools.
She will continue to work with The Promise as Executive Emeritus with focus on vision, strategy and development and also assume a position on The Kalamazoo Promise Board in January 2014.
The privately funded Kalamazoo Promise provides up to 100 percent of tuition at any of Michigan’s state college and universities for students who attend Kalamazoo public schools from kindergarten through high school.