Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Mon May 6, 2013
Kalamazoo Promise executive director stepping down
One of the founders of the Kalamazoo Promise is stepping down after five years with the education scholarship program.
Janice Brown has served as the Kalamazoo Promise’s executive director since 2008. Before that, she was the superintendent of Kalamazoo Public Schools.
She will continue to work with The Promise as Executive Emeritus with focus on vision, strategy and development and also assume a position on The Kalamazoo Promise Board in January 2014.
The privately funded Kalamazoo Promise provides up to 100 percent of tuition at any of Michigan’s state college and universities for students who attend Kalamazoo public schools from kindergarten through high school.