Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Mon May 6, 2013
Kalamazoo Promise executive director stepping down
One of the founders of the Kalamazoo Promise is stepping down after five years with the education scholarship program.
Janice Brown has served as the Kalamazoo Promise’s executive director since 2008. Before that, she was the superintendent of Kalamazoo Public Schools.
She will continue to work with The Promise as Executive Emeritus with focus on vision, strategy and development and also assume a position on The Kalamazoo Promise Board in January 2014.
The privately funded Kalamazoo Promise provides up to 100 percent of tuition at any of Michigan’s state college and universities for students who attend Kalamazoo public schools from kindergarten through high school.