Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Tue August 13, 2013
Kevyn Orr plans to hire a group to manage federal grant money
Detroit's emergency manager Kevyn Orr is looking to hire a group to oversee Detroit's federal grant money.
This comes at the same time that federal officials are searching for ways to offer more aid to Detroit.
Orr went to Washington D.C. earlier this month to visit with Michigan Senator Carl Levin and some economists to get ideas about which grants programs would be best for the city.
Detroit News Washington Bureau Chief David Shepardson reported on this in today's Detroit News, and he joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government