Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Fri August 12, 2011
Lake Michigan receives 'C' grade on new report card
Lake Michigan gets an overall ‘C’ grade on a new report card from the Senate Great Lakes Task Force. Beach water quality and lake water levels got ‘D’ grades, scoring lowest on the report card. Superfund cleanup efforts got a ‘B’ and the fight against invasive species like Asian carp got a ‘C.’
Matt Doss is with the Ann Arbor-based Great Lakes Commission. He says the poor grades will help the state.
“It’s going to help hold us all accountable for improving these grades moving forward,” he said. “We can do better and we need to do better.”
The Great Lakes Commission works to improve the health of all five Great Lakes.
- Amelia Carpenter - Michigan Radio Newsroom