Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
- 18 new charters opening this fall are already controversial
- This Detroit woman who fought for equal rights decades ago deserves to be remembered today
Mon June 17, 2013
Lansing anthrax vaccine maker celebrates expansion
A Lansing bio-pharmaceutical company has opened a ten million dollar expansion at its Lansing facility.
Emergent Biosolutions produces an anthrax vaccine at its facility in Lansing.
“The government is purchasing as much as we can produce,” says Daniel Abdun Nabi, the company’s president, “So one of the reasons we have expanded here on the Lansing campus is to address the nation’s requirement for a broader stockpile of BioThrax.”
The company hopes to triple its Lansing production of the anthrax vaccine by 2015.