Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon June 17, 2013
Lansing anthrax vaccine maker celebrates expansion
A Lansing bio-pharmaceutical company has opened a ten million dollar expansion at its Lansing facility.
Emergent Biosolutions produces an anthrax vaccine at its facility in Lansing.
“The government is purchasing as much as we can produce,” says Daniel Abdun Nabi, the company’s president, “So one of the reasons we have expanded here on the Lansing campus is to address the nation’s requirement for a broader stockpile of BioThrax.”
The company hopes to triple its Lansing production of the anthrax vaccine by 2015.