Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
Mon June 17, 2013
Lansing anthrax vaccine maker celebrates expansion
A Lansing bio-pharmaceutical company has opened a ten million dollar expansion at its Lansing facility.
Emergent Biosolutions produces an anthrax vaccine at its facility in Lansing.
“The government is purchasing as much as we can produce,” says Daniel Abdun Nabi, the company’s president, “So one of the reasons we have expanded here on the Lansing campus is to address the nation’s requirement for a broader stockpile of BioThrax.”
The company hopes to triple its Lansing production of the anthrax vaccine by 2015.