Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Mon June 17, 2013
Lansing anthrax vaccine maker celebrates expansion
A Lansing bio-pharmaceutical company has opened a ten million dollar expansion at its Lansing facility.
Emergent Biosolutions produces an anthrax vaccine at its facility in Lansing.
“The government is purchasing as much as we can produce,” says Daniel Abdun Nabi, the company’s president, “So one of the reasons we have expanded here on the Lansing campus is to address the nation’s requirement for a broader stockpile of BioThrax.”
The company hopes to triple its Lansing production of the anthrax vaccine by 2015.