Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
Wed December 8, 2010
Lansing BW&L gets key state permit for new power plant
The Department of Natural Resources and Environment granted the permit.
A Lansing BW&L spokesman says the utility will now move to issuing bonds to pay for the project. The utility hopes to begin operating the new power plant in 2013.
The power plant will rely on natural gas to produce electricity. Lansing utility officials say it will eventually replace an aging coal-fired power plant.