Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Politics & Government
Mon April 22, 2013
Lansing City Council approves tax abatement for General Motors
The Lansing City Council has approved a 12 year-four million dollar tax abatement for General Motors.
GM is planning a $38 million expansion to its Lansing Grand River assembly plant. The expansion is expected to add 150 jobs to the plant.
GM currently makes its Cadillac ATS and CTS at the Lansing plant. The automaker also plans to start producing its next generation Camaro at the Lansing plant.