Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Politics & Government
Mon April 22, 2013
Lansing City Council approves tax abatement for General Motors
The Lansing City Council has approved a 12 year-four million dollar tax abatement for General Motors.
GM is planning a $38 million expansion to its Lansing Grand River assembly plant. The expansion is expected to add 150 jobs to the plant.
GM currently makes its Cadillac ATS and CTS at the Lansing plant. The automaker also plans to start producing its next generation Camaro at the Lansing plant.