Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Politics & Government
Mon April 22, 2013
Lansing City Council approves tax abatement for General Motors
The Lansing City Council has approved a 12 year-four million dollar tax abatement for General Motors.
GM is planning a $38 million expansion to its Lansing Grand River assembly plant. The expansion is expected to add 150 jobs to the plant.
GM currently makes its Cadillac ATS and CTS at the Lansing plant. The automaker also plans to start producing its next generation Camaro at the Lansing plant.