Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Tue July 31, 2012
Lansing Community College campus to undergo major renovation
Lansing Community College is about to undergo a $67 million renovation.
College president Brent Knight says many of the buildings on the downtown campus need significant upgrades and they will get those upgrades during the next 30 months.
“We’re building the backbone and infrastructure that enables us to utilize technology to the fullest now and in the coming years,” says Knight.
But Knight says it’s not just about technology.
“Students also benefit from interaction with one another…talking with faculty and staff…and so we’re enabling spaces where that can happen,” says Knight.
LCC will pay for most of the renovation work with bonds, but also with some money from the state and the college’s own reserves.