Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Tue July 31, 2012
Lansing Community College campus to undergo major renovation
Lansing Community College is about to undergo a $67 million renovation.
College president Brent Knight says many of the buildings on the downtown campus need significant upgrades and they will get those upgrades during the next 30 months.
“We’re building the backbone and infrastructure that enables us to utilize technology to the fullest now and in the coming years,” says Knight.
But Knight says it’s not just about technology.
“Students also benefit from interaction with one another…talking with faculty and staff…and so we’re enabling spaces where that can happen,” says Knight.
LCC will pay for most of the renovation work with bonds, but also with some money from the state and the college’s own reserves.