Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Tue July 31, 2012
Lansing Community College campus to undergo major renovation
Lansing Community College is about to undergo a $67 million renovation.
College president Brent Knight says many of the buildings on the downtown campus need significant upgrades and they will get those upgrades during the next 30 months.
“We’re building the backbone and infrastructure that enables us to utilize technology to the fullest now and in the coming years,” says Knight.
But Knight says it’s not just about technology.
“Students also benefit from interaction with one another…talking with faculty and staff…and so we’re enabling spaces where that can happen,” says Knight.
LCC will pay for most of the renovation work with bonds, but also with some money from the state and the college’s own reserves.