Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Thu February 16, 2012
Lansing school superintendent given 'two weeks notice'
The Lansing school board voted Thursday night to give the district’s superintendent two weeks notice.
Dr. T.C. Wallace has been the capitol city’s school superintendent since 2007.
He agreed last year to leave the district at the end of this academic year.
But the school board decided to speed up Wallace’s departure.
The district is facing major restructuring questions and an estimated budget deficit that could be as high as 20 million dollars.
After March 1st, Wallace will be on paid administrative leave, until his old contract expires later this year.