Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Thu February 16, 2012
Lansing school superintendent given 'two weeks notice'
The Lansing school board voted Thursday night to give the district’s superintendent two weeks notice.
Dr. T.C. Wallace has been the capitol city’s school superintendent since 2007.
He agreed last year to leave the district at the end of this academic year.
But the school board decided to speed up Wallace’s departure.
The district is facing major restructuring questions and an estimated budget deficit that could be as high as 20 million dollars.
After March 1st, Wallace will be on paid administrative leave, until his old contract expires later this year.