Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Thu February 16, 2012
Lansing school superintendent given 'two weeks notice'
The Lansing school board voted Thursday night to give the district’s superintendent two weeks notice.
Dr. T.C. Wallace has been the capitol city’s school superintendent since 2007.
He agreed last year to leave the district at the end of this academic year.
But the school board decided to speed up Wallace’s departure.
The district is facing major restructuring questions and an estimated budget deficit that could be as high as 20 million dollars.
After March 1st, Wallace will be on paid administrative leave, until his old contract expires later this year.