Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Mon March 25, 2013
LGBT discrimination is bigger than you think
The oral arguments for two gay marriage cases will be heard in the U.S. Supreme Court this week.
The court will focus on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and California's Prop 8 case.
Though they are both cases related to same-sex marriage, each case is different.
Michigan Radio's Lester Graham spoke with Cynthia Canty on today's Stateside about the lack of legal protection for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community in Michigan and what these cases could mean for them.
Graham is working on a series of reports looking at the legal rights of the LGBT community.
And you can listen to our conversation with him above.
Politics & Government