Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Sun September 25, 2011
Library presents medical marijuana Q&A
One Michigan library wants to help clear up the confusion many people have about the legal issues concerning medical marijuana.
Edith Burney is a youth librarian at the Chelsea District Library. She’s organizing a medical marijuana discussion panel on Tuesday, September 27th. It’s called “Medical Marijuana: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly?” Burney says she wants to present a forum that focuses on the facts and empirical data surrounding medical marijuana, as opposed to having a passionate argument about what should be right and what should be wrong.
Health professionals and members of law enforcement will give short presentations, but the majority of the event will be a question-and-answer format. Burney says the goal is to provide the best information possible so that it can help people with their lives.
The event will take place at the Washington Street Education Center in Chelsea (also known as the old high school.)