Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Fri November 18, 2011
Life Before Technology, with essay by Natalie Bakopoulos
Technology surrounds us. It seems we’re always connected to something…the internet, cell phones and social media. It can be difficult to unplug sometimes.
As part of our series Before Tech, Michigan writers share stories about their relationship to technology.
Today, writer Natalie Bakopoulos tells us about her college days, before the phenomena of social media.
She is an English professor at the University of Michigan.