Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Fri November 18, 2011
Life Before Technology, with essay by Natalie Bakopoulos
Technology surrounds us. It seems we’re always connected to something…the internet, cell phones and social media. It can be difficult to unplug sometimes.
As part of our series Before Tech, Michigan writers share stories about their relationship to technology.
Today, writer Natalie Bakopoulos tells us about her college days, before the phenomena of social media.
She is an English professor at the University of Michigan.