A list of Michigan's 'Best in Class' wines
Michigan's Grape and Wine Industry Council recognized eight Michigan wines as "best in class" at their recent awards ceremony.
Linda Jones, executive director of the Council, filled us in on the winners.
Among the winners are three Rieslings, a sparkling wine, a dry red that also won last year, a semi- dry red wine, one fruit, and one rosé
The judges were looking for wines that were true to the character of the grape produced in this region.
Here's a list of Michigan's eight "Best in Class" winners:
- Sparkling: Aurora Cellars 2011 Brut
- Dry White: Blustone Vineyards 2013 Riesling
- Dry Red: Peninsula Cellars 2012 Cabernet Franc
- Semi-dry White: Gill's Pier Vineyard & Winery 2013 Semi-Dry Riesling
- Semi-dry Red: Lawton Ridge Winery 2012 AZO Red
- Dessert: Black Star Farms 2012 Arcturos Winter Harvest Riesling
- Fruit: 45 North Vineyard & Winery Peach Cremant
- Rosé: Chateau de Leelanau 2013 Cabernet Franc Rosé
You can find the full list of winners here.
*Listen to the full interview above.