Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Politics & Government
Fri June 15, 2012
LIVE VIDEO: Deal reached for new bridge to Canada
Gov. Rick Snyder and Lt. Gov. Brian Calley announced that they will join Prime Minister of Canada Stephen Harper and other U.S. and Canadian officials at 12:45 p.m. at The Hilton Windsor Hotel for what the Governor's Office is calling "an announcement of significant economic importance to Michigan and Canada." Watch the live stream of this announcement here:
Update: live-streaming link taken offline after announcement. Click here for more coverage.
The Associated Press released some details about the bridge deal this morning:
A summary of the agreement provided Friday morning to The Associated Press states Michigan wouldn't be obligated to pay any of the costs of the bridge. Both countries would be represented on a bridge board, and a Canadian entity would handle design, construction and operation.
-Elaine Ezekiel, Michigan Radio Newsroom