Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Mon December 24, 2012
The LONG holiday shopping season coming to an end in Michigan
Michigan retailers are checking their holiday shopping receipts.
The longer than normal holiday shopping season wraps up amid predictions that sales have not been quite as good as expected.
"We’ve noticed it’s been a little more spread out than usual," Peggy Hayes is the marketing director for the Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi, the largest shopping mall in Michigan, "Often times, people wait until the last minute…but we’re found it’s been spread out…over the holiday season this year.”
A Michigan Retailers Association spokesman says electronics and gift cards are among the most popular gifts.
Arts & Culture