Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Mon December 24, 2012
The LONG holiday shopping season coming to an end in Michigan
Michigan retailers are checking their holiday shopping receipts.
The longer than normal holiday shopping season wraps up amid predictions that sales have not been quite as good as expected.
"We’ve noticed it’s been a little more spread out than usual," Peggy Hayes is the marketing director for the Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi, the largest shopping mall in Michigan, "Often times, people wait until the last minute…but we’re found it’s been spread out…over the holiday season this year.”
A Michigan Retailers Association spokesman says electronics and gift cards are among the most popular gifts.
Arts & Culture