Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Fri December 16, 2011
A look back at Michigan's first emergency financial manager law
With the city of Flint now under an emergency manger, and the city of Detroit under preliminary financial review…we’ve been hearing a lot about Michigan’s emergency manager law.
While Public Act 4, which passed earlier this year, gives E-M’s more sweeping power, the emergency manager law itself isn’t new.
Here to take look at the first E-M law is Michigan Radio’s political analyst Jack Lessenberry.