Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Weekly Political Roundup
Thu January 30, 2014
A look at income tax reduction and the minimum wage debate
Each Thursday we look at Michigan politics with Susan Demas, publisher of Inside Michigan Politics, and Ken Sikkema, former Senate Majority Leader and senior policy fellow at Public Sector Consultants.
As predicted, the state budget surplus has become a hot topic in the state Legislature, more specifically how to spend that money.
A state Senate panel approved a bill that would cut the income tax rate from 4.25 % to 3.9 % over the next three years. But, are Republicans on the same page about this tax cut?
Detroit Journalism Cooperative