Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Weekly Political Roundup
Thu January 30, 2014
A look at income tax reduction and the minimum wage debate
Each Thursday we look at Michigan politics with Susan Demas, publisher of Inside Michigan Politics, and Ken Sikkema, former Senate Majority Leader and senior policy fellow at Public Sector Consultants.
As predicted, the state budget surplus has become a hot topic in the state Legislature, more specifically how to spend that money.
A state Senate panel approved a bill that would cut the income tax rate from 4.25 % to 3.9 % over the next three years. But, are Republicans on the same page about this tax cut?
Detroit Journalism Cooperative