Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Mon May 2, 2011
Looking for ways to improve border security
Congresswoman Candice Miller is chairing a hearing this week on the need for greater coordination of law enforcement resources on America’s borders. Miller says Mexico’s expanding drug war poses a growing threat to border states.
“You now have these drug cartels which are spilling over….and they are extremely violent. Kidnappings. All these kinds of things. In some ways, you have sort of a war zone going on down there.”
Miler’s hearing will feature witnesses from Arizona, Texas and Alabama. She hopes that Tuesday’s congressional hearing will produce ideas that might improve security along Michigan’s border with Canada.