Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Mon May 2, 2011
Looking for ways to improve border security
Congresswoman Candice Miller is chairing a hearing this week on the need for greater coordination of law enforcement resources on America’s borders. Miller says Mexico’s expanding drug war poses a growing threat to border states.
“You now have these drug cartels which are spilling over….and they are extremely violent. Kidnappings. All these kinds of things. In some ways, you have sort of a war zone going on down there.”
Miler’s hearing will feature witnesses from Arizona, Texas and Alabama. She hopes that Tuesday’s congressional hearing will produce ideas that might improve security along Michigan’s border with Canada.