Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Mon May 2, 2011
Looking for ways to improve border security
Congresswoman Candice Miller is chairing a hearing this week on the need for greater coordination of law enforcement resources on America’s borders. Miller says Mexico’s expanding drug war poses a growing threat to border states.
“You now have these drug cartels which are spilling over….and they are extremely violent. Kidnappings. All these kinds of things. In some ways, you have sort of a war zone going on down there.”
Miler’s hearing will feature witnesses from Arizona, Texas and Alabama. She hopes that Tuesday’s congressional hearing will produce ideas that might improve security along Michigan’s border with Canada.