TransportationMany Michigan voters to decide whether to raise taxes to fix their community’s roads
Politics & GovernmentGOP establishment backs challenger in the 3rd district, but voters don’t seem to care
Politics & GovernmentThose who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Wed March 14, 2012
Madness: A 192 foot basketball shot?
They have records for....
- the longest basketball shot
- the farthest behind-the-back basketball shot
- the farthest basketball shot made with the head
- the farthest basketball shot while sitting on the court
- and the farthest basketball shot made backwards
But how about the farthest basketball shot from a helicopter?
Michigan's Rob Bliss claims his team set this record. From his tweet:
We're back! Check out this world record 192 ft. basketball shot from a helicopter for #MarchMadness!
Here's the shot, but where are the Guinness people and their clipboards?
192 ft. is good, but these people claim a 219 ft. shot:
I prefer them on the court... Happy March Madness!