Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
Thu May 9, 2013
Making one film with 40 directors in 23 countries
When you think of filmmaking, chances are pretty good that you think of a producer, a director and a cast chosen by that director.
But there are a couple of filmmakers in Detroit who are blowing up that traditional model of making films, and in its place have come up with something completely different.
How about 40 directors for one film? And they're spread across 23 countries on five continents?
Marty Shea is one of the Detroit-based filmmakers doing this "collaborative" movie under the name of "CollabFeature."
He joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.