Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Thu May 9, 2013
Making one film with 40 directors in 23 countries
When you think of filmmaking, chances are pretty good that you think of a producer, a director and a cast chosen by that director.
But there are a couple of filmmakers in Detroit who are blowing up that traditional model of making films, and in its place have come up with something completely different.
How about 40 directors for one film? And they're spread across 23 countries on five continents?
Marty Shea is one of the Detroit-based filmmakers doing this "collaborative" movie under the name of "CollabFeature."
He joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.