Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
Mon January 10, 2011
Marchionne says he expects a Chrysler IPO later this year
Michigan Radio's Steve Carmody just attended a press conference with Fiat and Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne.
Marchionne told reporters that his goal is to pay back the government loans by the end of this year.
Chrysler owes around $7.5 billion to the U.S. government.
He said he was heartened by the response to GM's IPO last year and the investor interest in the auto industry makes a Chrysler IPO more likely.
The Wall Street Journal reports today that Fiat has raised its ownership stake in Chrysler from 20% to 25%.
The increased ownership complies with an agreement between the Italian and U.S. auto makers and the U.S. Treasury that triggered a greater stake once commercial production of a fully-integrated robotized engine began at Chrysler's Dundee, Michigan plant, Fiat said in a statement.
Detroit Auto Show