Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Mon April 18, 2011
McDonald's "National Hiring Day" is tomorrow
"Would you like some fries with that?"
That’s the phrase many are perfecting for McDonald's National Hiring Day tomorrow. Many of the McDonald’s jobs will be in the Midwest.
McDonald's got its start here in the Midwest, and it has a substantial presence throughout the Great Lakes states.
That’s why 10,000 of the 50,000 new workers, the company wants will be based across the region.
The McDonald's in downtown Chicago (on Chicago and State) is one location that is hiring. Nick Karavites and his family own that restaurants and 18 others across the city.
"Not only are we looking to hire cashiers but also hospitality staff and kitchen staff," says Karavites.
As the employment market improves, job seekers can get more selective about where they work.
Karavites said pay at their restaurants averages $9 an hour, and that all workers can participate in a McDonald’s Insurance program.
McDonald’s says the company needs more workers because last year’s sales were up five percent and continues to grow.
Auto Industry Jobs