Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Mon April 18, 2011
McDonald's "National Hiring Day" is tomorrow
"Would you like some fries with that?"
That’s the phrase many are perfecting for McDonald's National Hiring Day tomorrow. Many of the McDonald’s jobs will be in the Midwest.
McDonald's got its start here in the Midwest, and it has a substantial presence throughout the Great Lakes states.
That’s why 10,000 of the 50,000 new workers, the company wants will be based across the region.
The McDonald's in downtown Chicago (on Chicago and State) is one location that is hiring. Nick Karavites and his family own that restaurants and 18 others across the city.
"Not only are we looking to hire cashiers but also hospitality staff and kitchen staff," says Karavites.
As the employment market improves, job seekers can get more selective about where they work.
Karavites said pay at their restaurants averages $9 an hour, and that all workers can participate in a McDonald’s Insurance program.
McDonald’s says the company needs more workers because last year’s sales were up five percent and continues to grow.
Auto Industry Jobs