Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Wed September 26, 2012
McLaren Macomb offers free mammograms for uninsured
A hospital in Mount Clemens, east of Detroit, is offering free mammograms to uninsured women who are Macomb County residents. It’s part of their “BRAvo for women” program.
Pat Keigher directs McLaren Macomb’s Breast Center. She says breast cancer causes nearly 40-thousand deaths each year. But when it’s detected early, she says five year survival rate is 98 percent so women do not need to die from this disease.
Funding for the program comes from an annual charity event. BRAvo Night 2012 will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at The Mirage, 16980 18 Mile Road in Clinton Township. Tickets are $40 each. For ticket information, call (586) 741-4330 or visit http://www.mclaren.org/bravo
To qualify, women must meet the following guidelines:
- Residency: Open to uninsured residents of Macomb County
- Age: 40 years old or older or under 40 with a family history of breast cancer or under 40 with a physician referral
- Mammography referral from a physician
- Proof of age, income and residency
To request an application or for more information, please call the Bravo for Women 24-hour message line at (586) 493-3474 or visit www.mclaren.org/bravo. The message line is checked daily and all messages will be returned within two business days.