Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- In this morning's news...
Sat May 21, 2011
Memorial Day weekend may mean a little less 'green' for Michigan's tourist destinations
More than a million Michiganders are expected to get-a-way to some of the state’s favorite tourist spots next weekend. But they are not expected to spend much money Memorial Day weekend.
The AAA surveyed its members recently and found many plan to spend less of their vacation budget on restaurants and other amenities.
Nancy Cain is a AAA spokeswoman. “Because people are paying more for gas and other things, on average they are going to be spending less for the entire weekend. The spending will be about $692. That is down about 14% from last year.”
For Michigan AAA members, the 10 most popular driving destinations in Michigan (based on TripTik reports) this year are:
Mackinaw City/Mackinac Island
Sault Ste. Marie
For Michigan AAA members, the 10 most popular driving destinations throughout the United States are:
Yellowstone National Park