Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Tue February 8, 2011
Michelle Obama to Flint: "Let's Move!"
Flint is planning a major, new community wide effort to encourage fitness as it joins Michelle Obama's "Let's Move!" anti-obesity campaign. Flint is the 500th local community to join the First Lady’s youth fitness campaign which marks its first anniversary tomorrow.
Mrs. Obama welcomed Flint to her campaign during a conference call with local officials today.
“This is a generational problem. We have to keep driving this issue. We will do it here at the national level. But the real work happens on the ground where you are.”
Flint is partnering with the Crim Fitness Foundation to get people to make personal fitness commitments. A kick-off is planned for April. Flint also plans to expand nutrition-related education programs in its schools.