Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Tue February 8, 2011
Michelle Obama to Flint: "Let's Move!"
Flint is planning a major, new community wide effort to encourage fitness as it joins Michelle Obama's "Let's Move!" anti-obesity campaign. Flint is the 500th local community to join the First Lady’s youth fitness campaign which marks its first anniversary tomorrow.
Mrs. Obama welcomed Flint to her campaign during a conference call with local officials today.
“This is a generational problem. We have to keep driving this issue. We will do it here at the national level. But the real work happens on the ground where you are.”
Flint is partnering with the Crim Fitness Foundation to get people to make personal fitness commitments. A kick-off is planned for April. Flint also plans to expand nutrition-related education programs in its schools.