Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Wed June 29, 2011
Michigan approves power plant permit
DETROIT (AP) - State officials have approved a permit for a coal-burning power plant in northern Michigan.
The state Department of Environmental Quality is announcing the decision Wednesday.
The Wolverine Power Supply Cooperative Inc. now may proceed with its 600-megawatt, coal-fired steam electric power plant near Rogers City, about 210 miles north of Detroit.
Wolverine Power provides electricity to more than 220,000 customers