Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Sun June 10, 2012
Michigan bills would extend biological dads' rights
The Michigan Legislature has approved bills that would give biological fathers some rights to their children, even if the mothers were married to other men at the time of birth.
Michigan law now presumes that a woman's husband is the father of her children, making him responsible for their support and denying parental rights to the biological father.
Lawmakers last week passed measures extending rights to biological fathers. The proposal awaits Governor Snyder's signature.
Cancer and Environment