Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Wed October 9, 2013
Michigan cases linked to national salmonella outbreak
Michigan is among 18 states affected by an outbreak of salmonella.
Two of the nearly 300 confirmed cases of salmonella are in Michigan.
The outbreak has been traced to a California chicken producer, Foster Farms.
As it seems with many things these days, the federal government shutdown is involved.
The Centers for Disease Control has had to recall some furloughed workers to respond to the outbreak.
A state health department spokeswoman says the CDC is no longer doing in-depth investigations or providing reports to state health departments. CDC employees in Michigan have been furloughed.
Politics & Culture