Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Wed October 9, 2013
Michigan cases linked to national salmonella outbreak
Michigan is among 18 states affected by an outbreak of salmonella.
Two of the nearly 300 confirmed cases of salmonella are in Michigan.
The outbreak has been traced to a California chicken producer, Foster Farms.
As it seems with many things these days, the federal government shutdown is involved.
The Centers for Disease Control has had to recall some furloughed workers to respond to the outbreak.
A state health department spokeswoman says the CDC is no longer doing in-depth investigations or providing reports to state health departments. CDC employees in Michigan have been furloughed.
Politics & Culture