Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Wed October 12, 2011
Michigan Congressman is no fan of President Obama's jobs bill
Walberg is a Republican. He says the bill would increase spending and raise taxes. And he says that’s not what the economy needs to create jobs. Walberg says the nation may be better off if Congress doesn’t pass a jobs bill this year.
"At the very least, if we hold some things back that would be hurtful to our economy, that’s getting something done. Maybe that’s the process right now…if there isn’t a willingness to negotiate," says Walberg.
Walberg says he hopes a compromise can be reached which will reduce payroll taxes and spur job growth.