Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Tue January 14, 2014
Michigan dams are in bad condition
There are nearly 2,600 dams in Michigan, and more than 90% are going to hit or exceed their design life by 2020.
That's according to the American Society of Civil Engineers, which gave Michigan a grade of "D" on the condition of its dams.
Keith Metheny looked into the issue of Michigan's aging dams in a recent piece in the Detroit Free Press, where he is the environmental reporter. He joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government