Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Tue January 14, 2014
Michigan dams are in bad condition
There are nearly 2,600 dams in Michigan, and more than 90% are going to hit or exceed their design life by 2020.
That's according to the American Society of Civil Engineers, which gave Michigan a grade of "D" on the condition of its dams.
Keith Metheny looked into the issue of Michigan's aging dams in a recent piece in the Detroit Free Press, where he is the environmental reporter. He joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government